Amazing adventures that won’t break your wallet!
Many of our lifestyles include rent or a mortgage, insurance and bills funded by a daily grind kind-of job that takes up a pretty good chunk of our time.
After some wickedly creative brainstorming, I’ve developed some great ways of making time to Travel Around A Full-Time Job and even Simple Ways To Save Money For Travel.
But, how do you make the most of your time and money once you arrive at your destination?
1. Know What Your Money Is Worth
This seems so simple, but is a key point that is too often overlooked. It’s important to know the exchange rate of the Country you’re traveling to. You can do easy calculations using a currency converter. Here are a few Apps that are awesome for converting on-the-go!
2. Create A Daily Budget
Make the most of every dollar by creating a daily budget for yourself. Include major spending such as Transportation, Accommodation, Food, Activities and Souvenirs. It’s important to be honest with yourself. So, be realistic with your daily budget. You don’t want any surprises, except the good kind, of course.
- Independent Traveler is a great way to calculate what your daily spending will look like before you hit the road.
- Trail Wallet is a handy App for tracking your spending while you’re out and about.
3. Accommodations For The Bargain Traveler
Aside from flight fares, finding a great and affordable place to stay for the night can easily be one of your biggest expenses while traveling.
- HostelWorld is the perfect App to connect you with the locals and meet wanderlusters like yourself!
- Airbnb will make you feel like a local! With this App you will discover unique and beautiful accommodations all over the world!
- Couchsurfing Travel with this App you’ll find that you have friends all over the world, you just haven’t met them yet!
4. Money Saving Transportation
Saving money on flights isn’t just about getting lucky, it’s about searching smart too. Here are a few flight-booking hacks to save you some money on your airfare!
- Clear Your Browser’s Cookies – Dynamic pricing, supply and demand… It turns out that refreshing your browser in hopes that the prices have dropped may actually be causing the flight costs to rise! Be sure to clear your search history and cookies before and during your hunt for that best price! Use a private browsing window so that airline websites can’t track your search.
- Mid-Week Flights – Airlines tend to lower flight costs on their “off days” to avoid empty seats. Try to book your flight on a Tuesday, Wednesday or Saturday between 5-7AM or after 8PM for lower fares. Avoid flying on Fridays and Sundays when the prices usually peak.
- Embrace Detours – It may seem ideal to take a 1-stop shot to our getaway. But, allow for layovers if you can. Making a stop or two along the way will definitely benefit your wallet.
- Subscribe – No one likes an over-crowded Inbox. But, you may be pleasantly surprised at the deals that land there. Get ahead of the game by keeping an eye an all the goings-on in the sky. Airlines want your business and will send their loyal customers exclusive deals and sales.
5. Connect with Travel Communities
Collect tons of hacks and insider tips from other Travelers on Personal Blogs and Social Media! Don’t be afraid to ask questions. You’ll be surprised at the awesome opportunities that can come up when you ask for a little help. Look for Travelers who have already explored your next destination. Ask around to find the best restaurants, hotels, airfare and events!
Here are a few of my favorite Travel Communities and Blogs to get you inspired!